1. BreezeJS Feature Suggestions

Help us make Breeze.js better by letting us know what you’d like to see next.

Suggest new features, vote on existing ones, or fork Breeze in GitHub and send us a pull request.

1. Better integration with AngularJS

Ideally when working with breeze in an angular application you would not have to remember to call $apply when using async operations in breeze (eg calls to executeQuery).

I have created an angular module that monkey patches the EntityManager prototype so that the executeQuery (etc) returns a $q library promise and also calls $apply on the $rootScope. This angular module internally uses similar code to that posted here: http://www.breezejs.com/documentation/toqjs

However I've hit on a snag: code internal to breeze registers errorCallbacks using the 'fail' method on the promise object eg promise.then(callback).fail(errCallback)

The 'fail' method is not part of the CommonJS…

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Reset originalValues in complexAspect as is done with entityAspect.originalValues on save

After entity has been saved the originalValues is reset correctly by breeze, but if that entity has a complex type property the complex type's complexAspect.originalValues is not reset. The values of entityInfo.OriginalValuesMap within breeze api controller is therefore incorrect the second time the entity is saved.

I noticed this when I tried to log all changes made each save. First save is ok but the following "remembers" the original state even after save.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Navisphere

New screen added

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Fix Zza

Zza with AngularJS demo bug

When reloading the page (http://localhost:3000) a few times, the server crashes with this output.

GET /app/appRun.js 304 1ms
    GET /app/views/shellHeader.html 304 1ms
    GET /app/views/shellFooter.html 304 5ms
    GET /app/views/home.html 304 6ms
    GET /breeze/zza/Lookups 200 53ms

events.js:72
    throw er; // Unhandled 'error' event
    ^
    Error: Can't set headers after they are sent.
    at ServerResponse.OutgoingMessage.setHeader (http.js:704:11)
    at ServerResponse.res.setHeader (/Users/frankg/dev/code/60-lab/60-BREEZE-RESEARCH/Zza-Node-Mongo/node_modules/express/node_modules/connect/lib/patch.js:59:22)
    at /Users/frankg/dev/code/60-lab/60-BREEZE-RESEARCH/Zza-Node-Mongo/routes.js:147:17
    at /Users/frankg/dev/code/60-lab/60-BREEZE-RESEARCH/Zza-Node-Mongo/routes.js:130:21
    at /Users/frankg/dev/code/60-lab/60-BREEZE-RESEARCH/Zza-Node-Mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/mongodb/cursor.js:158:16
    at commandHandler (/Users/frankg/dev/code/60-lab/60-BREEZE-RESEARCH/Zza-Node-Mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/mongodb/cursor.js:651:16)
    at /Users/frankg/dev/code/60-lab/60-BREEZE-RESEARCH/Zza-Node-Mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/mongodb/db.js:1670:9
    at Server.Base._callHandler (/Users/frankg/dev/code/60-lab/60-BREEZE-RESEARCH/Zza-Node-Mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/mongodb/connection/base.js:382:41)
    at /Users/frankg/dev/code/60-lab/60-BREEZE-RESEARCH/Zza-Node-Mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/mongodb/connection/server.js:472:18
    at MongoReply.parseBody (/Users/frankg/dev/code/60-lab/60-BREEZE-RESEARCH/Zza-Node-Mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/mongodb/responses/mongo_reply.js:68:5)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Frank,

Sorry for the initial message to you … I was testing the new Ruby sample, not Zza!

I was able to replicate this by hammering on the refresh button as well. I want to help you resolve this, so lets take this offline (johnl@ideablade.com) or to StackOverflow.

UserVoice is primarily for feature requests rather than big fixes.

Thanks,

John

5. Tutorial not working

the tutorial on http://learn.breezejs.com/ do not work on chrome firefox

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Couldn't get tutorial to work. BLank space. .

When I asked it to fix my html and javascript a box appeared -- seemed to be a selection box but it didn't work either. Chrome newest version.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. You broke my presentation

I've been presenting SPA with breeze for awhile now. I extend my client side Delivery object by adding an unmapped 'isDirty' observable, Breeze server used to ignore this property, as it should, but with the latest version of breeze on the server, it no longer does, it expects to find it on the server side model and throws an error

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Include code IN THE PAGE / "DOCUMENTATION"

This is a big turn-off for me and actually prevented me from further investigating Breeze. Okay, I can download the project - but really, just show it to me in the page, and explain each part, IN THE PAGE / "DOCUMENTATION". In particular, explain dataservice.js.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Modify Breeze Homepage to Warn Users This Is Not Completed Code

It's cool Breeze might eventually let you use OData to load up some EF stuff, modify it and save it, but right now it's definitely not ready for prime time. The homepage should really have some kind of warning there about it. The Track Changes is particularly misleading if Save isn't possible yet.

In my use case I can't even load Breeze - I have an EF code first class with a key named Id, and then another that inherits from it using Table-per-Type (so it uses Id as a key - but its own in its own table). The…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Config option to disable Breeze.js extensions to OData syntax

Breeze mentions extensions to the OData query syntax when used with the WebAPI controllers. However, I would like to use the STANDARD syntax and not allow these extensions, without having to revert to the OData provider (which doesn't support saves currently). I have some existing code to validate OData queries for security purposes, and this code has to be aware of the full syntax tree, and makes assumptions based on the standard spec on how the query is fullfilled by the OData Provider.

These assumptions are broken by Breeze's extensions and shortcuts to the OData query language. The extensions are…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. security issue

All the logic in client side when used used breeze.js file so i want to confirm that in this comming security issue beacuse user can see all the things on browser and break the code or logic.So please suggest me am right or wrong?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Support Google App Engine as backed

Provide module be used in App Engine applications so they can adapt to the Entity Framework

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. is it professional? :)

The Irony DLL is now is now only needed to support of the LegacyBreezeControllerAttribute and will be removed in 6 months. (from your site)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Fix Angular 'ToDo' example, so that it works with IE 8

It would be good if the The Angular 'ToDo' example app worked with IE.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We regret that we are unable to pursue this suggestion any further. If you must use Angular and can’t use Knockout (or some such observer-based framework), I’m afraid that BreezeJS won’t work for you.

We’ve thought about this deeply. We are unable to come up with a viable, performant solution. A cache of data has are far too many objects and properties to watch directly in the manner required by Angular.

We considered a variety of crazy approaches including jacking into Angular’s digest cycle and trying to leverage whatever Ng is watching. None of them make sense. And, given that newer browsers are rapidly displacing older pre-EC5 browsers, we can’t find a business reason to keep working on this.

If you have a stroke of genius about how to implement this, we’d gladly reconsider.

15. 0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Partnership

Hello,

We would like to enter into a partnership to sell your Software, Themes, Graphics and Plugins via our marketplace Webilicity.com. Majority of the web developers, programmers, designers and vendors, keep themselves busy with their one or several clients or use one platform only to sell their themes, designs, software and do not comprehend that they are not getting the complete result of their potential.

Webilicity is a Software Hub where we sell all kinds of software, such as Computer Programs, Web Themes, Plugins, Apps, Graphics, Motion Effects, Slides, 3D Models, Photos, Icons, SaaS and Robotics.
    1. We are always…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Handle Bad Navigation Properties better when generating OData metadata...

So in the method to parse the OData Metadata I am running into 35 entities in our EDMX that are considered bad navigation properties.

I have modified the code to output the bad navigation properties to the screen. Most of them are ChangeSet objects or a few custom types.

REFACTOR: Commented out the throw and use my logger...

if (badNavProps.length > 0) {
    badNavProps.forEach(function (badNav) {
    badNav.forEach(function(item) {
    window.app.logger.info(item.toJSON().associationName + " :: " + item.toJSON().entityTypeName + " :: " + item.toJSON().name);
    });
    });

//throw new Error("Bad nav properties");
    }

RESULTS:

3: fk_Address_ChangeSetKey :: ChangeSet:#Itron.Fdm.Data.Entities :: ChangeSet

4: fk_Appointment_ChangeSetKey :: ChangeSet:#Itron.Fdm.Data.Entities…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Email id field is not mandatory/ not validated

The subscription/registration email text box in the home page is showing * in red but there is no validation present over there.
    Simply, it accepts any thing as well as nothing and show thank you.
    for eg: asd,asda, test

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Ability to prevent modified data be overwriten by new query

Have a property which when set will prevent the local modified data from overwritten by new data from server.

Say i am on Page 1, Row1 and i changed country Name, then i change to page 10, next i comeback to page one again. I would like to retain the changes that i made, as i will submit changes in batch.

So having a property which when set, will overwrite only rows that have not been modified.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. In your Online tutorial also mention the required script & css files needed to run the samples/tutorial

In your Onlie Tuutorial, you should also specify the Scriptfiles and css files that are needed to run the sample on developer machines

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

1. BreezeJS Feature Suggestions

Categories