1. BreezeJS Feature Suggestions

Help us make Breeze.js better by letting us know what you’d like to see next.

Suggest new features, vote on existing ones, or fork Breeze in GitHub and send us a pull request.

1. Ability to prevent modified data be overwriten by new query

Have a property which when set will prevent the local modified data from overwritten by new data from server.

Say i am on Page 1, Row1 and i changed country Name, then i change to page 10, next i comeback to page one again. I would like to retain the changes that i made, as i will submit changes in batch.

So having a property which when set, will overwrite only rows that have not been modified.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. In your Online tutorial also mention the required script & css files needed to run the samples/tutorial

In your Onlie Tuutorial, you should also specify the Scriptfiles and css files that are needed to run the sample on developer machines

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. ToDo demo dies

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/4.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; InfoPath.2; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E; MS-RTC LM 8)
    Timestamp: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 03:28:56 UTC

Line: 3523
    Char: 24
    Code: 0
    URI: http://todo.breezejs.com/Scripts/lib/breeze.debug.js

Line: 3
    Char: 9
    Code: 0
    URI: http://todo.breezejs.com/Scripts/services/dataservice.js

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

David, this looks more like a bug report than a feature suggestion, so I’m marking this as declined.

The correct place for bug reports is in the Breeze forum: http://bit.ly/Rj3Gd8

(Looks like you are using IE8, which uses an older JS engine. When building an app that needs to work in an old browser like this, I’ve had success using es5-shim.js and es5-sham.js. If you’re going even farther back in time, (IE7) you’ll need json2.js as well, as IE7 doesn’t have native JSON support.)

4. Refactor the web tutorial

I'm walking through the creation of the server functionality and making notes as I go along. I'm copying from and referencing a working copy of ToDos and recreating it step by step. I'd like to share these notes with you so that others that follow along here might find a clearer tutorial.
    And I am currently stuck on a reference problem in the ToDosController:

Error 3 The best overloaded method match for 'Breeze.WebApi.EFContextProvider<BreezeTest.Models.TodosContext>.SaveChanges(Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JObject)' has some invalid arguments C:\Users\Bill\documents\visual studio 2012\Projects\BreezeTest\BreezeTest\Controllers\ToDosController.cs 35 20 BreezeTest

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

1. BreezeJS Feature Suggestions

Categories