I suggest you ...

Support .NET Validation Attributes

It would be great if the .NET validation attributes defined on the business model were sent along with the metadata. One benefit of this feature would be that we wouldn't have to redefine error messages on the client side.

213 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Samuel BerthelotSamuel Berthelot shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    Michael DavisAdminMichael Davis (Admin, Breeze.js) responded  · 

A quick update for this request:

We’re probably 50% there today, but hope to get to 80% soon. This is certain to get done, but we’re just not there yet.

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Wilson LilburneWilson Lilburne commented  · 

It seems like just Display("Product Name") and perhaps ErrorMessage is the only major ones left to be implemented. At the moment we are just letting them be displayed in ugly camel case, eg "productName is required" until we get this functionality.

• Jeff MichelsonJeff Michelson commented  · 

Hello good people at IdeaBlade. Any progress on this excellent suggestion? Thanks for your great product!

By the way - - I've noticed that this suggestion is not "Under Review". Does that mean that it's not being considered?

• George DurziGeorge Durzi commented  · 

Hi there? I wanted to check on the progress on this feature. Thank you for all your hard work.

• Chris AndersonChris Anderson commented  · 

In particular, getting the DisplayName attribute value (if nothing else yet) would be most valuable, as then they can be displayed to the user in validation error messages instead of property names.

• Brahma AcharyaBrahma Acharya commented  · 

Am I missing something here? I believe the in-built attributes like [Required], [MinLength] etc. are available out of the box. If you use Entity Manager's saveChanges method, Breeze will throw the exception the way it would do on the server side.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Good idea. It is important that Breeze support .NET validation attributes, for example "DisplayName", "ErrorMessage", "ErrorMessageResourceName"... etc.

Feedback and Knowledge Base