1. BreezeJS Feature Suggestions

Help us make Breeze.js better by letting us know what you’d like to see next.

Suggest new features, vote on existing ones, or fork Breeze in GitHub and send us a pull request.

1. Support for "in" query

For example in sql:

Select id, name from table1 where id in (1,2,3)

213 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support jqLite

Single Angular incorporates the core functionality of jQuery in its internal jqLite, it would be helpful if Breeze could use jqLite so that the dependency on jQuery could be eliminated in Angular projects.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Need more samples... Like how to do sum, avg ,min,max calculations..

Need more samples... Like how to do sum, avg ,min,max calculations..

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Fix Navigation Property Update When Changing a Composite Foreign Key

In an entity that has a navigation property based on a composite foreign key (i.e. based on more than one foreign key properties), when setting one of the FK properties, breezejs tries to update the navigation property, however it searches for the foreign entity using a single key instead of a composite key, so it never finds the property.

To see what I mean and for a possible fix, please refer to breeze.debug.js (v.1.4.8) lines 4907 and 4908:
    key = new EntityKey(relatedNavProp.entityType, [newValue]);
    relatedEntity = entityManager.findEntityByKey(key);

The related entity never gets found since the key consists only of a single…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Documentation code samples, double click select text doesn't work as expected

Often times when working with your documentation code examples I will double click on a word to select the text of that word. It appears there is some extra javascript behavior added that will cause the entire document to be selected on double click. This is very annoying and not sure why anyone would want it to work like this..

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Change EF context provider properties to virtual.

This will make it much easier to mock repositories and follow a better design for server side unit tests.

Also if a matching interface is exposed, IOC will be much easier.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Entity creation: Initialise Foreign Key - Properties which are Nullable with Null (Currently it's 0)

i'm currently working on a angular/breeze/web api - based solution.
    to simplify user input i'm marking all the required fields thanks to the getValidationErrors() method. in this case the user presses an add button on a grid, then a new entity gets created and angular takes care of the rest. sounds good right?
    This works for regular Properties but not for Foreign Keys because they get created with an "0" Value (I didn't assign defaults and the column is not nullable) and therefore validationErrors is empty after entity creation which is imho wrong.

additional information:
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/20339402/breeze-entity-creation-foreign-key-column-is-set-to-0-by-default

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. fix the region resizer in Chrome (v32.0.1700.107 m)

The resizable areas are broken in Chrome. When I pull the vertical bar to the right, the left regions do not resize.

When I pull the horizontal bars down, it doesn't detect the mouseup event, so the bar stays stuck to my mouse cursor.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. bug in the home page

in the home page, below the "stay in touch" there is an email input field,
    but if u just click the inputbox and then click somewere else in the site , "this is required" messages pushes the mail icon down, and it looks like broken

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Support the Azure Mobile Services

It would be nice if Breeze directly supported Azure Mobile Services as a data provider/server endpoint. http://www.windowsazure.com/en-us/solutions/mobile/

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. EntityManager should accept different service address for generating metadata

Currently EntityManager accepts a service name, which it uses to fetch metadata and also resolve controller/actions.
    E.g.
    var manager = new breeze.EntityManager("servicename");

At the Web Api end, I will have multiple controllers. E.g. OrderController, CustomerController etc... based on the need of my application. I will also have a HomeController where I will have the method Metadata() that is used by Breeze to fetch metadata.

When I try to make my first query, Breeze automatically tries to fetch the metadata information. So in this example it will hit the following URI: http://servicename/metadata, but ideally it should be hitting http://servicename/home/metadata.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Integrate with for SAP's OpenUI5 (http://sap.github.io/openui5/)

OpenUI5 has good support for binding to data, however, it doesn't appear to have a library for easily accessing/changing individual values in a collection of data stored in a model.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Present a problem, then solve it

When I first landed on your site, I didn't know what the product was for. I had to go to the introduction site, combined with the 'use with other tools' portion to kind of understand what it is.
    It would be helpful for me at least to see a typical issue I have and how Breeze makes it easy. I'm currently using jQuery, jQuery Mobile, BackboneJS and RequireJS in one single package but I'm not sure what Breeze would give me.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. don't change related entities in cache if the FK relation is violated

having orders and related customers in cache. deleting a customer in cache changes as well all the related keys in the orders.
    this creates some work if you need to clean up the cache to make it ready for saving again.
    as well imagine for special scenarios where you have all the orders and customers in cache you can easely delete then customers and relying on then validators

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Localization of validation error messages

We are using BreezeJS in a fincancial bookkeeping DurandalJS/KnockoutJS based SPA.

We have made a really nice reusable ui component for editing properties of breeze entities in the web ui, encapsulating label element + form field (with localized date/number formatting) + validation callout behavior showing the validation error messages.

This editor component works really well; fueled by the breeze metadata providing extensive type information about properties we can dynamically display an appropriate form field, and the breeze validation framework helps setting maxLength to the form fields + required validation for non-nullable fields.
    We are also of course utilizing the extensible…

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Fire event on metadata load

We could use an event indicating that the MetadataStore is loaded. As discussed in stackoverflow http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14146841/how-to-attach-to-metadataloaded-event-or-equivalent-in-breeze-js/20470781#20470781 I see that the recommended solution is to call fetchMetadata. But, we have experienced – more than a little – that sometimes fetchMetadata fails, but subsequent queries succeed. Preventing queries while retrying fetchMetadata would be a lot of work. With an event, we could very easily handle metadata initialization – in our case validations.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. enforce/check constraints in cached entities

using ms sql web.api and entity framework in my case i've added a unique constraint on two columns (month/year) to one of my tables. now if violating this rule IN cache no validators get fired. would be great if breeze could do more IN cache checking for constraints and also for parent key deletions

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Also support Almond for AMD

I use Almond (https://github.com/jrburke/almond) as a (smaller) replacement for RequireJS, but have some trouble getting Breeze to work with it.

Main issue is that Almond doesn't allow anonymous modules, which is how Breeze defines itself at the moment.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)