How can we improve Breeze Server?

Compatibility of Breeze.Server.WebApi2 with ASP VNEXT (ASP.NET 5)

Since ASP.NET 5 is almost feature ready would be nice to have a version of Breeze working with ASP.NET 5 (aka VNext).

255 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Steve Schmitt commented  · 

One problem is that breeze.server.net uses OData to turn URLs into EF queries, and ASP.NET Core does not support OData. So querying will have to be different.

• ar.s commented  · 

are there any problem?
        long time no see, something's not right

• Khuzema commented  · 

Any updates on this? Thanks

• perh commented  · 

Now it's 2017 and we like running ef and our complete backend on Linux. Would be Nice to include breeze in the mix

• ar.s commented  · 

not yet?

• dunder commented  · 

I've recently added a PR on the breeze server github source that will allow the use of the new Entity Framework Core V1 on a WebApi 2.2 project. Are you considering adding a server module that will allow the use of breeze on ASP.NET core projects? I thought I might give it a go but didn't want to spend time on it if this was something that was already being worked on.

To any others who may find some use for the PR I posted, I would appreciate any feedback.

• Peter Andersson commented  · 

Any news on this asp.net core is released as RTM and so is Entity Framework Core if i remember right..

• Philipp commented  · 

is there hope that the metadata will be provided from the server as well in asp.net 5?
        it's soooo handy :)

• Ward Bell commented  · 

On our radar. Note that EF7 is barely RC1 and we know that RC2 has significant changes. We're treating RC1 as a beta and holding our fire until things solidify (especially in EF7).

• Daniel commented  · 

any news on this?

• Coby White commented  · 

And while I know EF 7 is a moving target still it would be great if Breeze was compatible with that to allow for .net Core only apps.

Feedback and Knowledge Base